Saturday, June 14, 2008

~*~*Butterflies*~*~

Hello Again!

I don't know of one person who doesn't love them!

A few weeks ago I was asked to recreate a bead I had made a year or so ago. The original bead was a butterfly on a white background and the owner decided she wanted a Monarch type butterfly on a black background. So while I thought out how I was going to accomplish her request, I played a bit with the Monarch colors and came up with a small set of rounds I named MonarchY. I didn’t have any frit in the Monarch
colors so I had to crush the glass and make my own and it was while making the frit
that I actually came up with the correct hues of the oranges and yellows.
I did know the yellow needed to have a goldish tint to it as per my customer’s request but she wanted me to go easy on the oranges and end up with mostly the golden yellows and black for the wings

Here is a pic of the original pnk and white butterfly bead and then the 2 butterfly beads I made for her request and the MonarchY set.
(click to enlarge)








I was very pleased how the butterfly wings turned out. I had to make and then pull the stringers to make the wings. I draw stripes of black, orange and white on the yellow glass rod and then melt and twist. I’ll try and get a pick to show what I am referring to but I have to make them every time I make the butterflies and a batch of stringers usually makes about 3-4 butterflly wings.
I am not sure how many butterflies I’ll make, she said she wanted every one I make so I guess I had better get to work!

I know the kiddoes and out of school now so I hope everyone has a safe and fun filled
summer!

I'll also add an update on my son who had applied with the Air Force.
Due to pulmonary concerns (by the AF) he had to undergo additional tests and was waiting on their reply which has had him waiting for months and still no word..
He decided to move forward with his life and he got a job at the local bank here and starts work on Monday!
We are all very positive about this and have come to understand that maybe the AF is not where he is supposed to be. We all know his path is guided by a higher power and He has different plans for our Josh so we are all pleased and excited for Josh to start his new journey in a new direction. :)

Try to stay Cool and as always, Keep Looking Up!!

xxx

No comments: